Greystone Road Presbyterian Church
Never prayed out loud before?Our ladies prayer chain will begin again on Wednesday 26th August.
If you have any questions about being part of this chain please contact Roberta with no obligation to join the chain!
- On Tuesday evening we have a family quiz, via Zoom, details will appear on website and Facebook page, please join us.
- This week would have been the General Assembly, one of the parts of the week that is still taking part is the installation of our new moderator Rev. Dr. David Bruce this will be held at 7.00pm on Monday 1st June 2020, tomorrow evening. This will be live-streamed from the Assembly Hall and therefore available for everyone to watch by following the link that will be on the main PCI website: www.presbyterianireland.org
- The Good Book Company are offering a free month of Bible Notes called Explore. You can go onto their Website, or there Facebook and click the links to receive these notes. https://www.thegoodbook.co.uk/free-explore
Instructions for Wednesday evening:
- Click this link after 7:15pm to join meeting:Zoom Meeting
- If the above doesn't work, open your internet browser
- Go to Zoom.us
- See top right corner the option to: Join a Meeting
- Click on this and in the Meeting ID Box write: 882-4638-8442
- Click Join meeting and follow on screen instructions
Questions from Sermon
- What is the importance about the phrase “under heaven” v1 going before the rest of this passage?
- v2-8 lists times with the direct view that God appoints them to happen. What are some of the things we learn about the character of God and how He applies these times to our lives?
- What does it mean that God has “set eternity in the hearts of men”? What does this say about how he created us/our nature?
- What does the passage say about God’s nature in v14? How does God’s nature compare to the differing times and seasons?
- What does v16 say about our world? How is this true today and what should you be doing about it? Does evil/wickedness end up preparing the way for something else sometimes?
- Read Peter’s sermon in Acts 2:17-35 What do you do with the tension between knowing God is in control but yet evil/wickedness seems to get away with it? Can you think of any examples?
- In the future God will bring judgment, v17. But in the present we are being tested. What is the result He is looking for?